This Site is offered and available to users who are 19 years of age or older can form legally binding contracts under applicable law, and who are located in British Columbia, Canada. If you do not meet these conditions, you must not access or use the Site.
Unless otherwise indicated, the Site and all content and other materials made available on or through the Site, including, without limitation, the MONEYTREE name, MONEYTREE trademarks and logos, the MONEY IN TIME and MONEYTREE LENDING trademarks and all other designs, text, graphics, pictures, videos, information, data, software, sound files and other files, and the selection and arrangement thereof (collectively, the “Moneytree Materials”), are owned by Moneytree, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by Canadian and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
You are granted a limited, non-exclusive and non-transferable licence to access and use the Site and the Moneytree Materials for your personal or internal business use only in accordance with these Terms; however, such licence is subject to these Terms and does not include: (a) any resale or commercial use of the Site or the Moneytree Materials, unless otherwise authorized by Moneytree; (b) the distribution, public performance or public display of any Moneytree Materials; (c) modifying or otherwise making any derivative uses of the Site and the Moneytree Materials, or any portion thereof, unless modification or derivative use is specifically provided for under separate terms; (d) use of any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods; (e) downloading (other than the page caching) of any portion of the Site, the Moneytree Materials or any information contained therein, except as expressly permitted on the Site; or (f) any use of the Site or the Moneytree Materials other than for their intended purposes.
Any use of the Site or the Moneytree Materials other than as specifically authorized herein, without the prior written permission of Moneytree, is strictly prohibited and will terminate the licence granted herein. Such unauthorized use may also violate applicable laws, including without limitation copyright and trademark laws and applicable communications regulations and statutes. Unless explicitly stated herein, nothing in these Terms shall be construed as conferring any licence to intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. This licence is revocable at any time.
The Site may include interactive areas where you or other users can create, post, or submit reviews or other information on the Site (“User Content”).
Moneytree shall have no liability of any kind with respect to any User Content posted by you or other users of the Site. You agree that you must assess and bear all risks associated with your use of any User Content. In this regard, you may not rely on any User Content created by users or otherwise created, distributed and displayed on any part of the Site. Moneytree does not control or monitor all of the User Content posted on the Site and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such User Content.
The User Content created by you must be owned by you or you must have been granted the prior permission to use such Content by its owner. Moneytree does not own any of the User Content you post. By placing User Content on the Site you are providing Moneytree with a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, unlimited, non-exclusive licence, to publicly display, modify, reproduce and distribute your User Content, in whole or in part, on the site for editorial and promotional purposes of the Site. Moneytree reserves the right to exploit or promote this User Content in connection with the promotion of products or services offered by Moneytree.
You are prohibited from submitting to or transmitting through the Site any unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, vulgar, sexually explicit, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable law. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post, or to remove any posting or other User Content by you, or to deny, restrict, suspend, or terminate access to all or any part of the Site at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice or explanation, and without liability.
You further agree that you are solely responsible for your conduct while accessing and using the Site, and you agree that you will not do any of the following in connection with the Site or our users:
- Use the Site in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect or inhibit other users from fully enjoying the Site or that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the functioning of the Site in any manner;
- Impersonate, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with, a person or entity;
- Use the Site for any illegal or unauthorized purpose or engage in, encourage or promote any illegal activity or any activity that violates these Terms or any applicable law; or
- Circumvent or attempt to circumvent any filtering, security measures or other features.
Any questions, comments, suggestions, materials or other information that you submit about Moneytree, our financial products and services or our Site (collectively, “Submissions”), are non-confidential and shall become the sole property of Moneytree. Moneytree shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of Submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
Our corporate offices are located in Renton, Washington, U.S.A. Offers and services advertised on the Site may be void in some locations (i.e., outside of British Columbia, Canada (the “Offer Location”)). We make no claims that the Site or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the Offer Location. If you access the Site from outside the Offer Location, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
You may link to the Site, as long as you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage or take advantage of our reputation. You may not establish a link to the Site in a way that suggests any form of association, endorsement or approval on the part of Moneytree where none exists, or link from any website that you do not own or frame the Site on another site. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission at any time in our sole and complete discretion. The framing, mirroring, scraping or data-mining of the Site or any of its content in any form and by any method are strictly prohibited.
The Site may contain links to websites and resources provided by third parties (“Linked Sites”). These links are provided only for convenience. We have no control over and are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of any Linked Sites, and the existence of such links should not be considered an endorsement or recommendation by Moneytree of those websites, any product or service offered on or through those websites or persons associated with those websites. Moneytree makes no representations or warranties about the content, completeness, quality or accuracy of the links, materials or information contained on any such website, and you acknowledge that Moneytree is not responsible for the availability of such links, resources or content and is not liable for, any content, advertising, products, or other materials made available on or from these linked websites.
Your use of any Linked Site, including payment for and the delivery of goods or services from a Linked Site, is based solely on the agreement (if any) between you the Linked Site provider.
MONEYTREE PROVIDES THE SITE ON AN “AS IS,” “WHERE IS” AND “WHERE AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITH NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND-WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). THIS DOES NOT AFFECT THOSE WARRANTIES THAT ARE INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION BY LAW. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT NEITHER MONEYTREE, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS; NOR MONEYTREE’S AFFILIATES, NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS (EACH A MONEYTREE PARTY) WARRANTS THAT THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DOES ANY MONEYTREE PARTY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USING THE SITE, OR AS TO THE TIMELINESS, SEQUENCE, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE, OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE. NO MONEYTREE PARTY ENDORSES PRODUCTS OR SERVICES APPEARING ON LINKED SITES OR PURCHASED VIA LINKED SITES.
THE INFORMATION PRESENTED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE IS MADE AVAILABLE SOLELY FOR GENERAL INFORMATION PURPOSES. NO MONEYTREE PARTY WARRANTS THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY, OR USEFULNESS OF THIS INFORMATION. ANY RELIANCE YOU PLACE ON SUCH INFORMATION IS STRICTLY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
EXCEPT WHERE THE LAW REQUIRES A DIFFERENT STANDARD, YOU AGREE THAT NO MONEYTREE PARTY WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR BODILY INJURY, WHETHER CAUSED BY ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, NO MONEYTREE PARTY WILL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMING THROUGH YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL, ECONOMIC OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE INSTALLATION, USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE MONEYTREE MATERIALS OR THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY OR RESULTING FROM RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE OR THAT RESULT FROM MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELETION OF FILES OR EMAILS, ERRORS, DEFECTS, VIRUSES, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, WHETHER OR NOT RESULTING FROM ACTS OF GOD, COMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, THEFT, DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO MONEYTREE’S RECORDS, PROGRAMS OR SERVICES.
ANY CAUSE OF ACTION YOU MAY HAVE WITH RESPECT TO THESE TERMS OR THE SITE MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN SIX (6) MONTHS AFTER THE CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION AROSE, OR IT WILL BE BARRED.
All blog articles (“Articles”) on the Site are published and provided for general informational purposes only and are not intended to constitute professional advice of any kind including but not limited to, accounting, tax, legal or financial advice. You agree that the information in the Articles do not create an advisor-client or other professional relationship between you and Moneytree or Article authors or editors. The views reflected in the Articles are subject to change at any time without notice, and should never be a substitute for obtaining advice from a qualified professional advisor. While Moneytree provides the information in good faith, all information is provided “as is,” with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness or of the results obtained from the use of this information, and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to warranties of performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose (see Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability above).
Investment Disclaimer. Nothing on any Article constitutes investment advice, performance data or any recommendation that any security, portfolio, investment product, or investment strategy is suitable for you. Investment strategies discussed in Articles may involve a substantial risk of loss and may not be suitable for all investors. Past performance does not guarantee future results.
External Link Disclaimer. Articles may contain links to other websites (which may include message boards or forums). Your use of such sites is entirely at your own risk. The fact that Moneytree has linked to these sites does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation of any kind. The links to these sites are being provided only as a convenience to you, and are strictly for informational purposes. We do not assume any responsibility for the actions, products, services and content of these sites or the parties that operate them (see Links to the Site and Other Websites above).
Tax Disclaimer. Moneytree is not to be considered a licenced tax advisor or counsel, and shall not be relied upon for tax advice. Do not rely on any information in any Article related to taxes, as Moneytree makes no warranties or claims to the accuracy of this material. You are solely responsible for complying with all applicable tax laws.
You will defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Moneytree Parties from and against all claims, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses, including but not limited to attorneys’ fees, arising out of your: (a) use of the Site; (b) any Submission you provide; (c) your violation of these Terms; (d) your violation of any rights of another; or (e) your conduct in connection with the Site.
These Terms, your access to and use of the Site, and all related matters are governed solely by the laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada and applicable federal laws of Canada, excluding any rules of private international law or the conflict of laws that would lead to the application of any other laws.
Any dispute between Moneytree and you or any other person arising from, connected with, or relating to the Site, these Terms, access to or use of the Site, or any related matters ("Disputes") must be resolved before the Courts of the Province of British Columbia, Canada sitting in the City of Vancouver, and you hereby irrevocably submit and attorn to the original and exclusive jurisdiction of those Courts in respect of all Disputes. Any proceeding regarding a Dispute must be commenced in a court of competent jurisdiction in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada within six (6) months after the Dispute arises, after which time any and all proceedings regarding the Dispute are barred.
- Currency and Interest Rates. All references in the Site to currency are to the lawful money of Canada, unless expressly stated otherwise. Interest rates indicated on the Site are subject to change without prior notice.
- Amendments. We may amend these Terms by providing you with notice of any such amendments. We will provide you with notice by posting the amended Terms to the Site and by revising the “Last Updated” date at the top of these Terms. In our sole discretion, we may also provide you with more prominent notice of any amendments, such as via the homepage of our Site or via email. If you find any amended Terms unacceptable at any time, you must discontinue your use of the Site. By continuing to access or otherwise use the Site after any amended Terms have been posted to the Site, you agree to be bound by such amended Terms. For the avoidance of doubt, any amendment to these Terms will apply prospectively only. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR REGULARLY REVIEWING THE SITE TO OBTAIN TIMELY NOTICE OF SUCH AMENDMENTS.
- Termination. Moneytree reserves the right, without notice and in our sole discretion, to terminate your licence to use the Site, and to block or prevent your future access to, and use of, the Site. Moneytree also reserves the right to terminate in our sole discretion any feature or functionality of the Site without notice to you. Notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms to the contrary, the following provisions, and all other provisions necessary for their interpretation or enforcement, will survive indefinitely after the termination of this agreement and remain in full force and effect and be binding upon the parties as applicable: Copyright, Trademarks and Limited Licence; Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability; Governing Law, as well as this provision (Termination).
- Assignment and Transfer. We may assign, transfer, or otherwise dispose of our rights and obligations under these Terms or any additional terms, in whole or in part, at any time without notice. You may not assign your rights or obligations under these Terms or transfer any rights to use the Site to any third party without the prior written consent of Moneytree. Also, these Terms are solely for your benefit and those of any Moneytree Party, and not for the benefit of any other person, except for permitted successors or assigns.
- Waiver and Severability. If we fail to assert or waive any term or condition of these Terms, that action may not be interpreted as a further or continuing waiver of the same term or condition or any other term or condition in the future. Similarly, if any provision of these Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, that provision will be deleted or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of the contract will continue in full force and effect.
- Entire Agreement. These Terms constitute the sole and entire agreement between you and us with respect to the Site, and supersede all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, representations and warranties, both written and oral.
- English Language. The parties have requested and agree that these Terms and all documents relating thereto be drawn up in English.
Questions or comments about the Site may be directed to: P.O. Box 58443, Seattle, WA 98138 || (206) 246-3500.
For service-related contacts, click here.
To find a local Moneytree Branch, click here.