Moneytree’s Response to COVID-19
The safety, trust and the well-being of our Customers and Team Members are our top priorities, and we are committed to keeping you informed about what we’re doing at Moneytree.
Please know that we continue to do everything we can to keep our Branches open to support our Customers. We closely monitor local and national updates and follow the guidelines provided by the Public Health Agency of Canada, the World Health Organization (WHO), and other public health agencies.
If you’ve been impacted by COVID-19 and need our support, we’re here to help. Please contact us at
1-888-516-6643 about loan repayment assistance programs that may be available to you.
What Moneytree Is Doing In Response To COVID-19:
Moneytree Branches are open to serve you. Please note, however, that some Branches may experience shortened hours due to staffing shortages. Use our Branch locator for the latest information including hours of operation.
- Global Plasma Solutions (GPS) air filtration systems have been installed in all Moneytree Branches. These systems remove over 90% of particulate contaminants, like COVID-19, from the air
- Our Branch Teams are regularly cleaning and sanitizing the Branch for your comfort and safety
- Subject to available supply, we are placing hand sanitizer stations in our lobbies and in the secure areas of our Branches
- We are ensuring our Team Members have the latest health and safety information available and are providing the protective supplies they need to stay healthy
- We are also instructing Team Members to stay at home if they are ill
What You Can Do:
- Contact our Customer Service Team with questions about your account
- And, please stay home if you’re not feeling well
If you need assistance or just have a question, we are here to help. Give one of our friendly Customer Service Team Members a call at 1-800-745-1011.
Prepare for Your Next Branch Visit:
Moneytree is committed to providing a safe experience for everyone who comes in to perform a transaction. Please be aware of the follow guidelines prior to your next visit.
Wear a mask. Masks are required at all Moneytree Branches.
Practice social distancing – Maintain a minimum 2 metre distance from others.
Enter a Branch only if you are conducting a transaction or must assist others who are conducting a transaction. Otherwise, please wait outside or in your vehicle.
Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before and after your visit.
Please do not enter a Branch if you have any of the following symptoms:
New or worsening cough
Shortness of breath
New muscle aches or headaches
Have travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days.
Are a close contact of a person who tested positive for COVID-19.
If you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19, refer to HealthLink BC at 811.
Local CERB Cheque Cashing Services:
Cash your Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) cheques at any Moneytree Branch. We offer a competitive rate and no transaction fee. Plus, you get your cash instantly. Use our convenient calculator or call or visit your local Branch to determine your cash back.
Financial & COVID-19 Resources:
Moneytree is committed to keeping our Customers informed on all the latest resources and information regarding the COVID-19 virus. While this can be a challenging time, we want to take the opportunity to provide avenues of support for our Customers and community. Refer to the list of resources below for information on how to deal with the loss of income or unemployment, support for rent or utilities, sources of education or childcare, and other needs you may have during this time.
Work Safe BC COVID-19 Safety Plan
Moneytree is following the recommended COVID-19 Safety Plan to ensure the continued health and safety of all Moneytree Team Members and Customers. You may view the complete plan here.
For details and information about COVID-19 specific benefits for individuals and businesses, including:
- Unemployment Insurance
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
- Government of British Columbia
- Information regarding child care
- Information for child care providers, including temporary emergency funding
- Subsidies for eligible families
- Government of Canada COVID-19 site
- Prevention and risk
- COVID-19 Updates
- Travel Advice
- Self-assessment tool
- Canada’s response
- BC Government News on COVID-19
- Daily news updates
- BC Centre for Disease Control
- Details about the symptoms and spread of COVID-19
- Senior Services Society
- Support and resources for seniors